riche Forum DANGEL • Afficher le sujet - Dangel 505 Rear suspension details/pictures needed please...

Forum DANGEL

PARTENAIRES
Doc. Sav Dangel SAV DGL RTA Amicale 504

Flag Counter
img ..
Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024, 12:50

Index du forum » Trucs et Astuces » 505 Break » 505 Mécanique

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 17 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Dangel 505 Rear suspension details/pictures needed please...
MessagePosté: 17 Jan 2018, 23:10 
Membre

Prénom: rabin
Marque: Peugeot
Véhicule: 505 Break
Finition: SXD
Année: 01 Jan 1986
Origine du véhicule: Inconnu
Hi guys,

Greetings from Canada! I'm new to your forum and I was hoping to find information on how Dangel designed the rear suspension on their 505 Breaks. I did search the site, but there are a lot of broken picture links that I just wasn't able to find the detail I needed. The parts pictures also don't give me a clear idea of the design since I've never seen one.

I have a 1986 505S with XD3T and 4sp auto that I want to lift ~100mm for camping and adventures. It will only be RWD, but with added clearance, limited slip diff (LSD), and a good winch I should be able to go wherever I need to go.

I've got a good plan to lift the front suspension, but I'd like to duplicate the Dangel rear design if possible rather than re-invent something.

As a start I've purchased 225-75-15 Toyo Open Country ATII's and mounted them on a wheel for test fitting. I have a picture of it on the rear, but can't seem to see how to upload a picture. (I'll upload as soon as I figure it out.)

In the meantime here is a very old thread on this car that I posted on my forum: http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2222-1986-505-td-wagon-w-4sp-auto/

I haven't posted anything new as I wanted to wait until I get the lift sorted and in place. Progress has been too slow, but kids are older now and I can start making progress again.

Thanks in advance,

Rabin
www.505turbo.com

Sujet du message: Re: Dangel 505 Rear suspension details/pictures needed pleas
MessagePosté: 18 Jan 2018, 09:50 
Administrateur

Prénom: Olivier
Marque: AUCUNE
Véhicule: -
Finition: --
Année: 01 Jan 1917
rabin505 a écrit:
Hi guys,

Greetings from Canada! I'm new to your forum and I was hoping to find information on how Dangel designed the rear suspension on their 505 Breaks. I did search the site, but there are a lot of broken picture links that I just wasn't able to find the detail I needed. The parts pictures also don't give me a clear idea of the design since I've never seen one.

I have a 1986 505S with XD3T and 4sp auto that I want to lift ~100mm for camping and adventures. It will only be RWD, but with added clearance, limited slip diff (LSD), and a good winch I should be able to go wherever I need to go.

I've got a good plan to lift the front suspension, but I'd like to duplicate the Dangel rear design if possible rather than re-invent something.

As a start I've purchased 225-75-15 Toyo Open Country ATII's and mounted them on a wheel for test fitting. I have a picture of it on the rear, but can't seem to see how to upload a picture. (I'll upload as soon as I figure it out.)

In the meantime here is a very old thread on this car that I posted on my forum: http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2222-1986-505-td-wagon-w-4sp-auto/

I haven't posted anything new as I wanted to wait until I get the lift sorted and in place. Progress has been too slow, but kids are older now and I can start making progress again.

Thanks in advance,

Rabin
http://www.505turbo.com

TRADUCTION
(pour ceux qui ne connaissent pas leGB et connaissent pas GOOGLE traduction)

Salut les gars,

Salutations du Canada!
Je suis nouveau sur votre forum et j'espérais trouver des informations sur la façon dont Dangel a conçu la suspension arrière sur ses 505 Breaks. J'ai fait une recherche sur le site, mais il y a beaucoup de liens d'image brisés que je n'ai pas pu trouver le détail dont j'avais besoin. Les photos de pièces ne me donnent pas non plus une idée précise du design puisque je n'en ai jamais vu.

J'ai un 1986 505S avec XD3T et BV4 auto que je veux soulever ~ 100mm pour le camping et les aventures.
Ce ne sera que RWD, mais avec un dégagement supplémentaire, un différentiel à glissement limité (LSD), et un bon treuil je devrais pouvoir aller où je veux aller.

J'ai un bon plan pour soulever la suspension avant, mais j'aimerais reproduire le design arrière de Dangel si possible plutôt que de réinventer quelque chose.

Pour commencer, j'ai acheté 225-75-15 Toyo Open Country ATII et les ai montés sur une roue pour l'essayage. J'ai une photo à l'arrière, mais je n'arrive pas à voir comment télécharger une photo. (Je téléchargerai dès que je le comprend.)

En attendant, voici un très vieux fil sur cette voiture que j'ai posté sur mon forum: http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php ... d-wagon-w- 4sp-auto /

Je n'ai rien posté de nouveau car je voulais attendre que l'ascenseur soit trié et en place. Les progrès ont été trop lents, mais les enfants sont plus âgés maintenant et je peux recommencer à progresser.

Merci d'avance,

MessagePosté: 18 Jan 2018, 09:55 
Administrateur

Salut/Hello

I have some picture

i put some here

Thank and welcome in Dangel'forum

Olivier

MessagePosté: 18 Jan 2018, 12:48 
Passionné

Prénom: Pascal
Véhicule: 504 Pickup
Année: 04 Oct 1991
Origine du véhicule: Pompier
Hello, welcome.

MessagePosté: 18 Jan 2018, 17:34 
Membre

Thank you for the welcome!

This site automatically translates for me - so it's very easy to navigate. :) This technology simply amazes me.

This is my car with the tire fitted on the rear:
Fichier(s) joint(s):
Commentaire: Quick look at the tire fitted on the rear.
lifted.jpg
lifted.jpg [ 89.97 Kio | Vu 4875 fois ]

I'm going to extend the front strut housings 100mm so the tire clears the strut perch, use the later 1pc lower control arm from the ABS cars with a modified ball joint end, and I'll flip the tie rod to the top of the steering arm to help maintain proper steering geometry.

It's at the rear that I'm not sure how to lift it. Easiest will be to space everything 100mm, more complicated will be to fit longer springs and shocks. I'm also expecting to have to lengthen then driveshaft - but I'll see how it goes.

Rabin

MessagePosté: 18 Jan 2018, 19:47 
Expert

Prénom: Yves
Finition: GLD
Année: 01 Jan 1988
Origine du véhicule: Particulier
Hello!
Is it the plan that you're searching for??
Fichier(s) joint(s):
suspension.jpg
suspension.jpg [ 211.76 Kio | Vu 4873 fois ]

MessagePosté: 18 Jan 2018, 20:03 
Membre

Yes - it is very close to what I need, but if I can get a picture of where everything is mounted / located on the 505 it will make more sense.

I also read that the dual shock was an option? Would like to see the single and double shock option if possible. And the shocks should be the same as regular 505 Break shocks meaning I can use the ones on my car?

I found one thread where they were going to duplicate the shock mounts - but I was waiting to see what it looks like on the car before going any further. Ideally I'd like to purchase the specific parts to lift the car, but if I have a general idea of what to make I can also fabricate them if needed.

Thanks!

Rabin

MessagePosté: 19 Jan 2018, 00:09 
Passionné

Bonjour.
Je suis curieux de connaitre le "bon plan pour l'avant".
Car sans double triangulation, en jouant sur la hauteur de la jambe de force, on modifie également la chasse et le carrossage.
Passe pour quelques mm, mais 10cm ça commence à faire (les Argentins avaient modifié l'angle de la fusée sur leur 504-Plateau et 505-Tropical).
Ici l'angle de fusée étant fixé, on élargie la voie-Av et il faudra sans doute rallonger le bras/tirant inférieur.
En tout cas projet intéressant à suivre.

MessagePosté: 19 Jan 2018, 03:09 
Membre

This is basically the process to lengthen the housing, but mine will be done by a machinist, tig welded, and then machined smooth: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthrea ... 024&page=5

The ABS lower control arm from the 505 sedan is much longer and a one piece design. The same machinist will modify as needed to ensure proper camber.

My hope is to have maximum ground clearance while still maintaining excellent road manners.

To set your minds at ease: I used to be a Canadian Pro-rally mechanic, and I've even worked on a Ford RS200 Evo at Pike's Peak International Hill Climb in 2004 that was driven by WRC champion Stig Blomqvist.

All modifications will be top notch and they'll be as good or stronger than factory, while looking factory correct.

Rabin

MessagePosté: 19 Jan 2018, 20:34 
Expert

Prénom: Yves
Finition: GLD
Année: 01 Jan 1988
Origine du véhicule: Particulier
No, the dual shock is not an option.
It is the last evolution of the shocks absorbers for the 505 dangel.
the first system with only one shock absorber:
Fichier(s) joint(s):
suspension2.jpg
suspension2.jpg [ 179.48 Kio | Vu 4859 fois ]

MessagePosté: 20 Jan 2018, 03:49 
Membre

If someone knows where I can find pictures of the double shock set up on the car that would be most appreciated.

I'll need to see the top bracket, as well as the bottom. Hoping to find enough info to make what's needed to lift my wagon the same way.

Even better would be to find the actual Dangel parts, but I'm guessing cost with shipping to Canada would make it too expensive.

Thanks,

Rabin

MessagePosté: 23 Jan 2018, 09:26 
Administrateur

Hello
I have reference part 6 "AMR support"
inquire for the transport

Olivier

MessagePosté: 23 Jan 2018, 16:21 
Membre

Hello everyone,

I really just need dimensions and pictures of how it is installed on the car first - then I can see if it's easier to fabricate them, or to see if it is best to buy and ship them.

Fichier(s) joint(s):
DSCF12.JPG
DSCF12.JPG [ 140.35 Kio | Vu 4826 fois ]

For #6 - I need dimensions to replicate it, as well as seeing how they are installed on the differential. (picture on real car, or a link to a thread)

For #11 - I need dimensions for it to replicate it, and to see how and where it mounts to the chassis. (picture on real car, or a link to a thread)

Olivier - I sent you a PM.

Thank you!

Rabin

MessagePosté: 26 Jan 2018, 01:46 
Passionné

Pour l'avant il n'est pas intéressant de rallonger la jambe de TOUTE la longueur souhaité (100mm).
Ici vu l'utilisation "tout-chemin", on pourrait imaginer plus de débattement qu'a l'origine en utilisant un ressort modifié (spire supplémentaire et/ou fil plus gros).
Repositionner la coupelle inférieure peut être une solution aussi, surtout si utilisé avec un système à piges, on peut alors ajuster la hauteur de caisse avec la paire de cale adéquate.
Fichier(s) joint(s):
Déplacement_Coupelle_504.jpg
Déplacement_Coupelle_504.jpg [ 16.18 Kio | Vu 4815 fois ]

Recouper le limiteur dans l'amortisseur pour autoriser plus de course (De mémoire d'origine on doit avoir 300mm en pleine détente entre les coupelles).
Fichier(s) joint(s):
Modif_Débattement_504.jpg
Modif_Débattement_504.jpg [ 29.88 Kio | Vu 4815 fois ]

Restera l'interrogation sur la direction, soit relocaliser le bras 100mm plus haut sur la jambe de force, soit rallonger la biellette.

Dernière édition par counia le 26 Jan 2018, 03:31, édité 3 fois.

MessagePosté: 26 Jan 2018, 03:00 
Membre

Moving the perch up will decrease wheel travel by the same amount as you raise the perch. You would need to raise the bump stop to prevent the spring from coil bind.

By welding two struts together there will only be one seam, the shock internals will be spaced up, and the added volume of the tube will increase the oil volume.

Clearance for the tire is the primary reason, but I wanted to make sure I had the same or more wheel travel as well.

Rabin

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 17 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

Index du forum » Trucs et Astuces » 505 Break » 505 Mécanique